Who can participate with International Rural Exchange Canada & CRI

Who can participate with International Rural Exchange Canada & CRI:

Canadian Resort Immigration (CRI) has an agreement with the Recognized Organization (RO) called International Rural Exchange Canada. Applicants can apply for IEC Working Holiday and/or Young Professionals work permits in one of two ways:  either (1) via the “regular” path which is governed by the specific youth mobility agreement (YMA) in place between Canada and the person’s country of nationality, or (2) through a Recognized Organization. As described below, there are many benefits of applying through an RO, including expanding eligibility to participants who would not be eligible through the regular path. 

So, who can participate? Generally, 18-35 year olds from 36 out of 38 eligible International Experience Canada nations can participate in the RO program through CRI

The 38 Youth Mobility Arrangements (YMA) countries with bilateral agreements are:

Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea Republic, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico*, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Ukraine*

*Mexico and Ukraine agreements are currently suspended

Benefits of an RO participation:

Participation requirements:

  • Hold a valid passport from one of the 36 out of 38 IEC eligible countries  

  • Be 18 - 35 years old (must get invitation to apply before your 36th birthday)

  • Pass criminal background check

  • Purchase travel insurance for entire duration of stay in Canada

  • Have savings of at least CAD $2500

All Blog Posts